If you are planning on traveling to Fort Dodge to cheer on the Mustangs there are a few travel notes to keep in mind. Fort Dodge has provided an update on a road detour that may affect travel for teams and fans. Below is the recommended route for team buses for Harlan Rogers.
Important Detour Info on Hwy 169
ATTENTION IGHSAU STATE SOFTBALL COACHES, PLAYERS AND FANS
Important information regarding detour on Hwy 169
Due to an IDOT bridge project a section of Hwy 169 is closed and the highway has been detoured to travel along Nelson Avenue passing by the Harlan Rogers Sports Complex. PLEASE plan on travel delays and plan your trip to state softball accordingly. Suggested routes:
- To avoid travel through Fort Dodge: traveling west on Hwy 20 exit on P59 going north. Continue north on 42nd Street turning left (only way to go) on 1st Avenue South. Go north (turn right) onto North 32nd Street. Continue north until you get to D-14 turning left (west). You will end up just south of Harlan Rogers on Nelson Avenue and can make a easy right turn onto Nelson.
- Travel through Fort Dodge: traveling west on Hwy 20 exit on P59 going north. Turn west (left) on 5th Avenue South. Continue until South 15th Street and turn right (north) and travel until you reach Harlan Rogers. Highway patrol will be at the intersection of D-14 and Nelson Avenue as well as the entrance into Harlan Rogers to help with traffic control.
Information for Spectators at the 2018 State Softball Tournament
Harlan Rogers Park – Fort Dodge, Iowa
- No outside food, drink or snacks allowed in the complex.
- Team coolers must come in with the coach or players through the team pass gate – parents are not allowed to bring in outside food or drink for the team through general admission gate. There is ice water in each dugout provided by the trainers.
- Any personal cups, Yetis’, thermos, etc. must be empty upon entrance and will be checked. Ice is acceptable in the container.
- Bags, chair bags and wagons will be checked by security.
- Pets are not allowed, per IGHSAU policy.
- The entire complex is a smoke-free zone. This includes the parking lot.
- Tents and umbrellas are not allowed in the bleachers. There will be limited space for tents. The designated tent locations on both diamonds are along the right and left field lines. First Come First Serve basis.
- GO FAN E-TICKETS will have a separate entrance gate located to the east of the main ticket booth into the complex. The gate will be clearly marked. Anyone playing on Dodger or Veteran’s fields for Tuesday and Wednesday consolation games will still need to get their E-tickets and wristband at the main gate. LOOK FOR THE PINK GO FAN E-TICKET
- No noisemakers allowed, per IGHSAU policy.
- No balloons, masks, large signs or banners are allowed, per IGHSAU policy.
- All spectators must wear shoes.